Monday, May 12, 2014

learning to budget part 2

This is part 2 of how I budget.  As I talked about here I am new to budgeting and I wanted to find a simple way to keep track of my budget or I knew I would not keep up with it. So I got this little accordion file from the dollar spot at target to keep my receipts.  I also keep a pencil and a small calculator so that everything I need is right there.


I keep the budget sheet I created in my planner/wallet so that I always have it with me and I know where I am at with the budget for that month.  It keeps me from spending more that I have already allocated.  

So I will collect my receipts and every few days (depending on how often I go to the store) I will record my receipts under the correct categories. I then keep a running total so that I know how much I have left. After the receipts have been recorded I keep them in the accordion file for a few months until I am sure I no longer need them.


So this may seem very simple but I think that it is a great way to start so that I don't get too overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment