Wednesday, May 7, 2014

learning to budget part 1

My husband and I have always pretty closely watched how much we spend but have never truly had a budget for groceries, household, or miscellaneous purchases.  So since we are getting ready for some changes with our income coming soon we decided it was time to buckle down!
 We decided to start pretty simple and it has been working well for a couple of months.  Now, we are still working on the numbers to see what we really need and what falls under what category.  It's all a work in progress for sure.

 I truly believe you have to start somewhere so here we go.  This is what worked for me.


I made this sheet and I keep it in my planner that I also use as a wallet. This way I always know how much I have left.  At the beginning I allocate how much money for my personal budget and how much I have for the Grocery/Household.  In the other category I will list if I have a goal for saving some of my personal budget for something big or if there are extra purchases (birthday gifts) that I need remember.

Part 2 coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment